Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ringing in the New Year with a New Layout

Well the holidays have come and gone and I can't believe it's January 3rd!

I have made very few resolutions this year, as I always have such great intentions but then I don't follow through...so, I've decided on just 2.

#1 - BLOG MORE - post more about my new life in BC and of course get back to the theme of this blog, showing my scrapbooking layouts!!

#2 - NO NEW SCRAPBOOK SUPPLIES - I made the promise to my husband that I will not purchase any new supplies until I actually start using the abundance of supplies that I already have.  Let's be honest, I have an entire 10x10 room full of supplies!!!!


This came to mind when I was creating my niece Cedar's Christmas gift.  I was in my scrapbooking room and decided that I had enough "old" supplies that I could put them all in a bin for Cedar and it wouldn't cost us anything and then I wouldn't have sooooo much to sift through.  Well after a full day of opening every bin, box and drawer I had to decide to: Toss, Keep or Donate.  In the end I had enough to fill a rolling cart, and since I just happened to have one of those I wasn't using anymore, I put everything in it, hot glued the words CEDAR and ART CART on the front, and voila my gift was done! 

So with these two resolutions now posted in Cyber Space it's time for me to stick to them!! My goal was to have this post written and posted on January 1st but waiting on my husband to take pictures for me has turned into quite the waiting period, so this morning I did some research on how to take good pictures of layouts and did it myself.  I found this blog posting by a photographer Maggie Holmes which was really helpful.


and Voila!


I am currently working on my Honeymoon album so this layout in the Highlands.  We were driving around and thought we needed to capture how beautiful the scenery was!




I used a paper pack that I bought through ScrapMuch? that came with fun journalling boxes and little embellishments.  Then I dressed it up with some liquid Pearls and flower brads I had left over from my wedding. 

 Some stickles to give the layout a little pizzaz

and lastly, stitching, more liquid pearl and Thickers for my title.  I love the way this layout turned out and how many different elements I was able to use!

The great thing about this layout is it has all the colours from Colour challenge over at ScrapMuch?



If you have any helpful tips on photographing layouts - please let me know!!! I hope that my skills will keep getting better

Ta Ta for now!
xoxox Bri

4 comments:

  1. awesome job Brianne! Love the blog-well done! Thanks for participating in the ScrapMuch? blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Brianne! You did great in taking the photo of your layout. What I normally do is place my layout on the floor, near a window with natural daylight, and then I stand over the layout and take my photo. It takes practice to get a good picture - that is why I take 5 or 6 pics of one layout and hope I end up with one good photo! Glad I found your blog :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I have 5 boxes FULL of scrapbooking supplies to give ya cause I'm peacing out. I need to look through your albums now that you're only a 5 minute walk away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout Brianne! and thanks for playing along with the colour challenge!

    ReplyDelete