Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

What I've Been Reading

I thought my blog would be a great way for me to post what I've read in 2012.  This way I can look back in December and see how many books I was able to tackle, and hopefully I will be able to inspire some new reads for you.

So far in 2012, I have read 2 books on my Kobo.

Book #1: The Help by Kathryn Stockett


What an amazing story! I'm sure most of you have seen the movie and know the gist of what happens, but of course as my favourite little quote says:


This book is an easy read, and I love how it switches between all the characters points of view.
Five stars for sure!


Book #2: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

This book was recommended to me by my Kobo.  It was on sale and after reading the back I thought I'd give it a try.   I really liked this book, it's a little strange that's for sure, but at the heart of this book is a love story and who doesn't love a love story set in 1890 with a circus and magic.
I'd give it 4 stars.

And now.....I'm finally heading back to the Outlander series after a very long hiatus.


For some reason, The Fiery Cross has been an obstacle to me for years.  I've read books 1-4 twice (well I read them once and then listened to the audiobook once) and both times I read the first 50 pages of The Fiery Cross and I give up. 
Well not this time, I'm taking on the challenge of all 1433 pages so I can finally move on to Book #6: A Breath of Snow and Ashes, and Book #7: Echo in the Bone.

Wish Me Luck

Ta Ta For Now
xoxox Bri

1 comment:

  1. I'm just half-way through Drums of Autumn. Just discovered the series, and I'm really enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete