Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Walk Away and Come Back Later

I know, weird title for my blog - but this is my advice to you today.

Tuesday I wanted to do a layout of 4 pictures I had from when Sean and I went to Anstruther for fish and chips.  I usually always do 2 page layouts, but really with this limited amount of photos I thought a 1 page would work well.  I also decided to wing this one, use my own creativity instead of the assistance of a sketch.
I looked through my paper closet (yes I had all my paper hanging on little hangers in the closet in my scrapbooking room - I'll post pictures soon) and found some old papers that I thought went well together. 

I knew I wanted to do some sort of design element on the spotted paper but I didn't want to dig out my Cricut (I am patiently waiting for my husband to build me a 7 foot by 3 foot shelf which my cricut and other items will call home) so I traced it from another paper I had.

I cut it out and then started playing around with the arrangement.

DISASTER!!

Every combination I thought of looked horrible to me and I was starting to get really frustrated, so I WALKED AWAY.
I turned off my little iPod stereo, turned off the light and went upstairs and forgot all about those 4 pictures.....until today.

This morning I decided not to sit in front of the TV all day (as I have for the past two days) so I came on the MAC and went to all my bookmarked blogs.  With all the amazing projects being done by everyone I decided to head back downstairs and give some fresh eyes to that pesky layout. 
And literally within 25 minutes I had it complete! and I loved it.

Here it is
It's really a simple layout - 4 pictures and 4 papers but I love how it all came together

I loved how the dot paper had lime swirls through it so I stitched a few of them

The funnest Thickers out there - you can't go wrong with sparkly teal

So that's my advice for you today - when you are overrun with ideas or you just can't decide - walk away and come back later.

Ta Ta for Now
xoxox Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment